To begin, let’s look at what the word “credit” means. Credit is defined as “the ability of a customer to obtain goods or services before payment, based on the trust that payment will be made in the future.” That stated, credit is based on trust and the ability of a given person to follow through on their promise to repay debt. Debt is something we all accrue throughout our lives and it directly impacts our credit health and worthiness. Together, let’s explore some ways you can improve your credit score.
- Clean up your credit report. A credit report laden with inaccurate information can cost you interest points on each loan you get. This will cost you thousands over your lifetime, which is why it’s so important to manage and maintain. To get started, request copies of your credit report from places like Experian, TransUnion or Equifax. You may also be able to obtain one from your financial institution. Once you have it, review it and be sure everything is accurate. If not, be sure to address those issues in a timely manner.
- Pay down your balances. This seems like common sense, but what this is speaking to is better money management. Try not to use your credit cards unless you have to. Many consumers get caught with one balance for years on end, which costs them thousands in interest. This happens over time as new charges are made coupled with minimum payments creating revolving debt. Eat in a little more, save where you can and it will pay off big when you need it most.
- Submit payments twice a month. This is difficult but very worthwhile. Create a challenge for yourself to not spend everything you bring in, then send a little more to your creditor. It’s not easy, but it’s proven to increase your credit score as well as decrease your debt. It’s truly a win-win!
- Request a credit limit increase. This method might work for you, but be careful. Often consumers see their increased limit as money they can spend, which only increases your debt. Should you increase your limit, our advice is – turn a blind eye to it. Continue paying down your debts and living within your means and ability.
- Open a new account. It’s easy enough to open a new account at a bank or even with a mobile phone provider. Aside from the benefits that these businesses offer, simply having an open and active account with them adds to your creditworthiness. However, be sure you stay focused on why you opened the account. If your strategy is to increase your credit score, stick to it.
- Negotiate balances that are outstanding. Some financial institutions will allow it’s customers to negotiate or settle on debt. These conversations are never easy, but may save you thousands in the long term. Paying back what you borrow is still the best option.
- Pay your bills on time or early. This proves to be difficult for a lot of consumers for one reason or another. However, the money you earn is coming in and ultimately – going out. Utilities, groceries, car payments and healthcare add up, we know. Take the time to make a spreadsheet of your recurring expenses, and pay your bills as soon as you get your paycheck. This will ensure your bills get paid on time and help improve your credit health and score.
Now that you know how to gain control of your credit and improve it, what steps will you take to move forward? Hopefully, all of them. Creating a simple spreadsheet in Google, accessible by setting up a free Gmail account, can bring visibility and clarity to your financial well being. Month to month, enter your bills and set out a budget to live within, and you’ll be on your way before you know it. It only takes a few minutes and can potentially save you thousands.
As always, if you’re in need of cash, feel free to apply today. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates!
We all use our vehicles in different ways, each and every day, and for different purposes. Some of us view them as appliances, while others, accessories to their personalities. They come in all shapes and sizes, for various reasons, usually to achieve an objective and to get a job done. Heaped in to the group, we also have genuine car people. This includes the classic and occasionally mentioned “mystical bond” we have with these machines. Something about them speaks to us as individuals, and we go down a path of adventure, filled with ups and downs, some of which require cash loans for cars that need a little love.
Continue reading “Your Summer Car Project: Getting Approved”
While we all look forward to time off with our families, it can be a daunting task to plan a fun-filled vacation and stay within a reasonable budget. Expenses add up quickly, between accommodations, vehicle rental, ticket and entrance fees, meals and even animal-sitting costs, you can find yourself out-at-sea and needing a loan very quickly. Here are 4 ideas we have put together to help maximize your family trip without draining your pocket:
Continue reading “4 Ways to Save on a Family Vacation Without Skimping on the Fun!”
Here at Time Financing Service ®, we are committed to our community, especially during the holiday season. That’s why we are now accepting new, unwrapped toys as well as non-perishable food items that will be distributed throughout our community to those in need this Christmas.
Continue reading “Giving Back this Holiday Season”
As the warm air of summer finally surrounds you, it’s time to start showing off your fun and flirty wardrobe. Whether you are heading out for an afternoon of wine-tasting with your best girls, or you have a date on the dock with a fresh love, you are going to want to look your best without breaking the bank.
Continue reading “Hot Summer Looks That Won’t Drain Your Bank Account”
Keeping up with your monthly payments can be a hard task to track, especially if you are paying off multiple loans at one time. Between college loans, credit card debt, or a car payment those monthly payments can add up. Maybe it’s time to consider consolidating. At Time Financing Service ® we offer same day, fast cash loans you can use for almost anything, including paying off personal debt.
Continue reading “When Bill Consolidation Is Right For You”
Whether an unexpected expense has left you strapped for cash or you’re simply looking for a little bit of a financial “cushion” to get you by, a short-term loan can be a great option. Specifically, taking out a cash loan from Time Financing Service ® is an option for borrowing the money you need the same-day or within just 24 hours. If you need cash for any reason, now is the time to look into applying for a loan securely and easily on our website.
Continue reading “Cash Loan”
Buying a used car can seem overwhelming and oftentimes, you feel like you are being taken for a ride. Time Financing Service ® is here to help you make sure you are not only getting the best deal but that you are getting a car that best suits both your budget and your needs. Below are some guidelines and a few tools to help make that possible for you.
Continue reading “Don’t Get Taken for a Ride When Buying a Used Car”
Where do the stars go to unwind in between film productions, photo shoots or concert tours? Money’s not exactly a limiting factor for A-list celebrities, which puts the world’s most-exclusive resorts and private retreats at their fingertips — heck, some of them even own their own straight-out-of-paradise islands.
Continue reading “Celebrity Vacation Hotspots That Are Affordable”
Paying off your personal loans quickly reduces your monthly debt, frees up more money for you and your family, and helps make you eligible for other loans. To put it simply, the less debt you have, the more money you have in your pocket. Paying off loans quickly takes planning and determination. Here are a few steps for paying off your loans quickly and getting you and your family debt-free.
Continue reading “7 Steps to Becoming Debt Free”